Conference is CANCELLED in 2022!!
With regret we inform that due to the current situation around Ukraine we decided to cancel our conference in 2022. We hope peaceful times will come and we’ll meet together soon in a usual format.
May pease prevail on Earth,
International Science Conference, Nizhnij Arkhyz, Russia
THE CONFERENCE IS CANCELLED!!!
Magnetic fields play an important role in physics of all cosmic objects. Particularly in stars, where magnetism is affecting their parameters, activity phenomena, surface abundances and evolution. New high quality observational data, constantly improving model simulations of stellar interiors and atmospheres greatly contribute to this field of research.
To discuss the current state of the research field and its further perspectives, the Special Astrophysical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences invites astrophysicists to take the part in a traditional science conference on August 22–27, 2022.
The conference will take place at the SAO, Nizhnij Arkhyz, Karachai–Cherkess Republic of Russia, in the North Caucasus mountains where the Russian 6-m telescope is located.
The program of the conference covers a wide range of problems and includes the following topics:
- Magnetic fields and the stellar structure of CP-stars
- Magnetic fields and rotation of Pre-Main Sequence objects
- Magnetism on the final stages of stellar evolution
- Magnetic fields in cool stars
- Studies of CP stars with space surveys: Kepler, TESS, Gaia, etc
- New methods and techniques of data analysis
- Theory of magnetic fields in stars with radiative envelopes
- Modern spectropolatimetry, new methods of observations, and software
Suggested topics are traditional for the conference, however they are not meant to limit themes to be discussed, talks on other areas of stellar astrophysics are welcome as well.
The workflow of the conference will be organized according to the registered number of participants and talks. The Proceedings of the conference will be published as a separate volume.